Soft illustrations: needle-felting on fabric

A few yeas ago I discovered the world of the textile fibers. I learned how to crochet, knit and felt and experimented with various materials; classic and less common ones. The needle-felting technique got my attention since the beginning. I started doing little three-dimensional objects and discovered new ways to be creative.

Purple and grey bird and cat and blue cloud, needle-felted on white fabric






As I have already mentioned, I like working with yarn and fibers, using and mixing all kind of techniques. The combination of illustration with textile arts creates a space with unlimited possibilities and applications that interests me a lot. I enjoy doing totally handmade things and I intend to explore how changing the technical parameters, by moving from one medium to another, can lead me to new directions.


Purple, pink and red flowers, needle-felted on white fabric



The last few days I have been“drawing” on fabric with merino wool and felting needles. I chose some simple forms to start with. I found out things that work and others that don’t. This first attempt allowed me to imagine how the limitations or the advantages of each medium can take the other one to the next level. So far I definitively enjoy the process. I keep practicing and developing my ideas.



Purple and grey bird and cat, blue cloud and rain and king's face, needle-felted on white fabric
Purple and grey birda and cat, blue cloud and rain and purple triangle, needle-felted on white fabric
King's face with black hair and beard and yellow crown, needle-felted on white fabric
Yellow and brown bear's head, red flower and green leaves, needle-felted on white fabric
Purple, pink and red flowers with green leaves, needle-felted on white fabric
Purple, pink and red flowers with green leaves, needle-felted on white fabric




No comments:

Post a Comment